Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Pillows

I decided to do a Jack-O-Lantern pillow project with the girls over the weekend. First of all, I want to appologize for my ironing board cover. I just want to clarify that it is rust from all the steam ironing I do and not dirt. I guess I have a new project to tackle, making a cute new cover.

You will need:
Orange Fabric- pillow front and back
Black Fabric- for eyes, nose, and mouth
Brown- felt, ribbon, or bias tape for stem
Fusible Web

Iron fusible web to the wrong side of the black fabric.

Cut 2 pumpkin shapes out of the orange fabric. Ours were pretty much an oval with a little dip in the top, nothing too technical or special. Then the girls drew their eyes, nose, and mouth on the paper backing of the fusible web on the black fabric. I cut it out for them since it was kind of hard to cut through the layers and the pieces were so small. I let the girls place them on the pumpkins and I ironed them on.

I had planned to sew around the black pieces, but after ironing them on, didn't think it was necessary. Put the pumpkins right sides together, don't forget to put your stem in the middle, and stitch around them leaving an opeining to turn.
The girls stuffed the pumpkins and I hand stitched them closed. Sorry Aly's pumpkin is the only one shown completely finished. Abby's has already gone missing after only 3 days. It will probably turn up at Christmas or Valentines Day.

2 comments:

Donna @ Mudpies & Memories said...

Love them! Cookie probably hid Abby's.

Harold said...

Lovelyy post