Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fabric Headband


Well, I made the adorable flower that you see on the headband to be pinned on Aly's brown shirt that goes with the Twirly Stripwork Skirt. But, she asked if I could make it into a hairbow instead b/c she didn't want it on her shirt. I had found a tutorial a while back for fabric headbands from The Long Thread's Make it Monday that I had been wanting to try. Here's the template.

The flower was very easy to make. All I did was fold a 3" x 10" piece of fabric in half lengthwise and hand stitch down the long side, gather it up and stitched the ends together.
I didn't have any black elastic, so I looped 2 ponytail rubberbands together instead. It worked perfectly.
One last picture of a pose Aly chose herself. All these goofy ones will come in handy for blackmail one day.

No comments: