Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Apple Muffins


I did mostlly mini muffins so my regular size ones are kind of small b/c I barely had enough to fill the 6 ct. regular size tin. That is why this one is so short.

This is my all time favorite Muffin Recipe. I started with a recipe I found somewhere on the internet and altered it until it was just the way I like it.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease 12 muffin cups

1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup applesauce
1 egg
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts or sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raisins

Combine the first 7 dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix the applesauce, egg, oil and milk in another. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ones, mixing just until combined. Fold in the nuts and raisins, divide among the muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 18 to 20 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and smell heavenly.

No comments: