Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Aly's Purse Dress


Spring always brings out the clothing sewing bug in me. Fall and winter are great for sewing crafty things and quilts, but there is just something about all those bright summery fabrics. And it seems like the sewing is not as difficult on summer clothing items, although I'm not sure that's entirely true.
And to make this dress even better, I had enough fabric left over to make another one. So, I FINALLY listed my first item on Etsy!
It is available in size 2-8 if anyone is interested.
I whipped this dress up for Aly yesterday afternoon. I bought the fabric a year or two ago intending to make something for Abby, but then she got really picky about how all of her clothes fit, so I pretty much just quit sewing for her. I'm not going to put hours of work into something I will have to force her to wear at least once so I didn't feel like it was a complete waste of time.

3 comments:

Donna @ Mudpies & Memories said...

It turned out great!! We'll have to celebrate once you get your first sale. Grape Salad, Philly Cheesesteaks and Pineapple Hurricane drinks!

Angel Ruff said...

That is soooo cute! Great job. Can I come to the celebration?

Cindy said...

Very pretty, and such a comfy summer dress, too. I would love to have one like that! You have a cute little model, too. Hugs, cindy s