Sunday, August 16, 2009

Apple Picking

Me, Donna, and our 4 kiddos decided to make a day trip "home" to my parent's house yesterday. It is about 2 hours away. We got there just in time for a quick tour of all the farm animals, ate lunch, and then drove over to my Granny's house to pick apples. After that, we went back "home" to have an afternoon snack of apple pie and homemade ice cream. Add the kids took turns turning the handle on the ice cream churn.

My girls had so much fun, it was hard for me to snap any pictures. I was lucky enough to catch a picture of "Grandma" in the edge of one though!





Lisa brought Phoebe over to see her cousins and wonderful aunt too. I have to say, I think I have the cutest niece in the world. These pictures do not do her justice!


We ended up bringing home almost 7 bushels of apples. So now, I have 3 1/2 bushels of apples sitting in boxes on my dining room table to be dealt with.




No comments: